Day Camp Policies
- Cancellation Policy
- Check Policy
- Extended Care Options
- Fee Policy & Fee Assistance
- General Information
- Late Payment Penalties
- Late Pickup Fee Policy
- Payment & Scheduling Options
- Special Needs
- Wait Lists
- Withdrawals & Refunds
- Required Forms
Registrants are entitled to a 100% refund (or SMARTlink credit) in the event that M-NCPPC cancels a camp.
Checks returned for insufficient funds will be assessed a $35 fee, in addition to your bank charges. No starter checks accepted.
Extended Care Options
- Supervised, non-structured playtime before and after camp session hours is available for many camp sessions. Check brochure for locations at which extended care is offered. Morning Care is offered from 7 to 9 a.m., and Evening Care is offered from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Camp registrants are guaranteed an extended care space if it is offered for that camp.
- Extended care is not available for preschool camps, half-day camps, or as otherwise indicated.
Fee Policy & Fee Assistance Availability
The facilities and services of M-NCPPC are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disabilities or ability to pay. The inability to pay for M-NCPPC services or programs does not exclude participation. Fee assistance is available for Prince George's County residents only. Formal proof of financial need is required. Completed applications must be submitted at least three weeks prior to camp start date. For information, contact the Customer Service Help Desk or obtain the forms online.
Fees for camp sessions are listed in groups.
- (R) means Residents of Prince George's and Montgomery Counties
- (NR) means Non-Residents - those who live anywhere other than Prince George's or Montgomery Counties
- (IA) means residents living in the Impact Area of the Prince George's Sports and Learning Complex/Wayne K. Curry Sports and Learning Center. Impact Area Residents receive a fee reduction for camp programs at the Prince George's Sports and Learning Complex/Wayne K. Curry Sports and Learning Center. Call 301-583-2400 or 301-699-2544 (Teletypewriter) for information about the impact area.
- Day camps will be closed on July 4 in celebration of Independence Day.
- Participants must provide their own transportation.
- Campers must be signed in and out by authorized individuals.
- Campers must bring their own lunches; at sites without refrigeration, please bring non-perishable lunches.
- Campers must participate in off-site special events and field trips, except for the optional amusement park trip (if scheduled).
- Campers will be charged an additional fee for amusement park trips (if scheduled).
- Closed-toe shoes are required; sandals are not permitted.
- Most camps are open to residents of all jurisdictions; some, however, are open to Prince George's County residents only. Be sure to check activity descriptions.
- Participants should leave personal belongings, such as iPods, at home.
- Day camps are co-ed unless otherwise noted.
- Campers must meet the age requirements by the end of the camp session.
- If you encounter problems during registration, please call the Customer Service Help Desk at 301-699-2255.
- All activities and programs are subject to change and/or cancellation on code orange or higher weather days.
- Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Federal Tax Identification (ID) Number 526-001-550
Late Payment Penalties
If you've made a deposit and full payment is not received by the due date (June 1 or July 1), your space may be forfeited and you will lose your $50 deposit. If the camp accepts your late payment, you will be assessed an additional $20 late payment fee.
Late Pickup Fee Policy
A late fee of $5 per camper for every 15 minutes late (or portion thereof) will be assessed for campers who are not picked up by the program's scheduled closing time. Payment is due when you pick up your camper. We recognize that emergencies arise and request that parents call the campsite if they are delayed for any reason.
Payment & Scheduling Options
VISA/MasterCard credit and debit cards, checks (until June 1), and cash are accepted. You may pay in full if you prefer or you may make a $50 deposit (per camper, per session) at the time of registration and schedule payment of the remaining balance due (except when registering via SMARTlink telephone). The $50 deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Scheduled payments must be paid in full by June 1 for camp sessions that begin before July 17, or by July 1 for camp sessions that begin after July 17. (June 1 is the last date personal checks will be accepted for any camp session.) You may pay your balance before the due date, however, when paying online, your payment will be recorded and shown as a credit to your SMARTlink account. On the due date, the system will automatically apply that credit to the balance due. Your credit card account will not be billed automatically.
If you register via SMARTlink, you must use a VISA, MasterCard, debit card, or have funds applied to your SMARTlink account before registering. M-NCPPC uses the latest in payment security. Collection and retention of customer information is confidential. We do not give, share, sell, transfer, or rent any personal information to third parties.
We encourage and support the participation of individuals with disabilities. Register at least two weeks in advance of the program start date to request and receive disability accommodations for Summer Camps and Extended Care programs. Therapeutic recreation programs are open to Prince George's County residents only. All disability accommodation requests for camps must be indicated on the Health Form, noted on SMARTlink accounts, and requested at least two weeks prior to the start date of the camp.
If a day camp session is full, you may put your name on a wait list and register for another camp during that session. If a spot opens at your first-choice camp, upon your request your registration and payments will be transferred to the first-choice camp without penalty.
Withdrawal & Refund Policy for Summer Camps & Extended Care
Withdrawal and refund requests for fully paid or partially paid registrations are subject to a $50 non-transferable, non-refundable withdrawal fee per child, per session. Withdrawal and refund requests from extended care (with continued enrollment in associated camp) will be assessed a 20% fee, no exceptions. Withdrawals from programs must be processed by the facility offering the program.
Made a mistake? All day camp registrations may be transferred or withdrawn without penalty for the first two weeks after Resident registration begins. Registrations done in error for all programs may be transferred or withdrawn without penalty on the same day by calling the Park and Planning Help Desk at 301-699-2255.
For withdrawals from programs at the following facilities, please call the Park and Planning Help Desk at 301-699-225:
- Bowie Center for the Performing Arts
- Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center
- Friendly High School
- Greenbelt Middle School
- James E Duckworth Special Center
- Jessie B. Mason Regional Center
- Northview Elementary School
Maryland state law requires that each camper have a complete set of forms at each campsite where the camper is registered. Completed forms must be turned in prior to the first day of the camp session. It is your responsibility to deliver all necessary forms to each campsite. Campers may not attend any camp sessions without completed forms on site. Completed forms are due by June 1, no exceptions.