Health & Wellness
Now Hiring Instructors!
Email your resume to Staci.Tyler@pgparks.com!
Creating healthy communities through people, parks, and programs by offering family-oriented and culturally informed health, nutrition and exercise programs, and educational opportunities that work together to improve the quality of life for all Prince George's County residents.
Health & Wellness Action Plan
View our Health & Wellness Action Plan
Dine & Learn
Enjoy step-by-step live cooking demonstration with a Registered Dietitian, free food samples and fun and easy moves to keep you active for life. Dine and Learn is a partnership with the Prince George's County Health Department, Suburban Hospital and the Prince Georges County Department of Parks and Recreation.
Fitness in the Parks
Fitness in the Parks is a FREE exercise program that brings a variety of fitness opportunities within our parks and natural areas across Prince George’s County! We invite you to find the class that suits your fitness goals, and to come discover the benefits of exercising in nature. No registration required.
Get Fit Mobile
Get Fit Mobile will be bringing activities, sports and games for all ages to your local parks and trails!
Have fun, stay fit and keep your heart healthy with these activities.
- Get healthy eating tips, enjoy physical activity, and sample a tasty, healthy dish at Dine and Learn
- Join a nature hike
- Try a One-Day Community Center Pass
- Make a splash at your local pool
- Warm up with a game of tennis at one of these tennis bubbles
- Enjoy free Senior Days at the Prince George's County Sports and Learning Complex
- Check out Hot Happenings for teens