- Child Care
- Computer Skills
- Crafts and hobbies
- Fitness and health
- Lifestyle and learning
- Spring Break Camps
- Summer Day Camps
- Summer Playgrounds
- Summer Xtreme Teen Centers
Disability ServicesWe encourage and support the participation of individuals with disabilities in all programs and services.
EventsWe also offer so much more than classes! For the best happenings in the region, check out our events for the latest festivals, community gatherings, workshops, performances, and concerts for all ages.
You can view our classes online or in our Your Guide publication. The Guide features a comprehensive listing of classes, programs and activities coming up for the next seasonal session. The guide is a printed document and also electronically published in an interactive online version four times a year (May, August, December, and February). The interactive online Guide is available in the publications library. Copies of the Guide also are available at all Maryland-National Capital Parks and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) community centers and facilities, as well as at Prince George's County libraries.
Ready to register?
- Register Online
- Register in Person
- Fee Structure
- Refund Policy
- Non-Sufficient Funds Fee
- Fee Assistance
- Payment Options
Internet registration is available 24 hours a day, You may sign up for classes, activities, trips, and ticketed events, book rentals, make a payment, view your family's upcoming schedule, and much more.
Visit our registration web site at www.pgparksdirect.com. Log into your existing account or new customers can create accounts online. (Note: in-person or online residency verification must be done in order to receive a residency discount.)
Click on the “Help” tab on the PARKS DIRECT website, call any Parks and Recreation facility during regular office hours, or email the Customer Service Help Desk at CustomerService@pgparks.com.
Drop by any of our staffed Department of Parks and Recreation facilities during regular business hours. Our friendly Parks and Recreation staff will take your registration and payment. Do not attempt to register at school sites.
Have the following...
- Household login information (given to you when you set up your PARKS DIRECT account) or verification information to create a new account
- Program information (class/trip barcode needed)
Please note that fees are listed in groups, allowing a reduced fee for county residents. A guide to this fee structure is shown below.
- (R) Residents of Prince George’s and Montgomery Counties
- (NR) Non-Residents: residents living anywhere except Prince George’s and Montgomery Counties
- (IA) Residents living in the impact area of the Prince George’s Sports & Learning Complex
- (M) A member of a facility group, independent of residency
- (RM) (NRM) A resident of Prince George’s or Montgomery Counties who is also a member of the facility (NRM) A non-resident of Prince George’s or Montgomery Counties who is a member of the facility
Impact Area Fees & Registration
(IA) means residents living in the Impact Area of the Prince George’s Sports & Learning Complex/ Wayne K. Curry Sports & Learning Center. Impact Area Residents are allowed one-week priority registration and receive a fee reduction for programs at the Prince George’s Sports & Learning Complex/Wayne K. Curry Sports & Learning Center only. Call 301-583-2400, TTY 301-699-2544 for information about the impact area.
The registrant is entitled to a 100% refund, or a credit to his/her account, in the event that The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission cancels a course. The registrant may withdraw from a course at any time prior to course end, and will be entitled to receive a pro-rated credit to his/her account, based on the number of classes remaining at the time the withdrawal is requested. All withdrawals performed within 7 days of the course start must be processed by the facility offering the program; withdrawals with additional advanced notice may be processed online or at any other facility. If the registrant chooses to request a refund of the returned amount, a 20% Refund Administration Fee will be imposed, reducing the amount to be refunded. No requests for refunds will be accepted after a course is completed. No cash refunds will be allowed. Refunds for credit card purchases will be issued as a credit to the credit card account, subject to the 20% Refund Administration Fee. Check refunds may take 3–4 weeks to process. No refund or credit will be issued for classes missed by the participant. Some activities have different refund/withdrawal policies that supersede this standard policy, as identified in the course description or details.
The NSF fee for returned checks is $35.
Fee assistance is available for Prince George’s County residents only (does not apply to all programs/ facilities). Formal proof of need is required. Forms are available at area community centers and can be downloaded through our Fee Assistance Program.
- Some classes fill quickly, register early.
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Registration for county residents begins one week earlier than the registration period for non-residents. This provides a benefit for residents who support activities through their taxes.
- The Prince George's Sports and Learning Complex has a priority registration period for Impact Area residents living in a predefined area surrounding FedEx Field. Registration for Impact Area programs for those residents begins one week earlier than the resident registration date for seasonal sessions.
- All fees are subject to change. Please contact the facility offering the program for up-to-date information.