Maintenance work is an important link in presenting an award-winning parks and recreation system in Prince George's County. We rely on regular maintenance schedules to keep the park system looking good.
You can play a role to request maintenance attention to a park, playground, trail, or other facility. Please submit our maintenance request form
or contact the Customer Service Help Desk at 301-699-2255 during regular business hours.
Each of the three geographic areas of the county-Northern, Central, and Southern-has crews with daily maintenance responsibilities for parks, community centers, playgrounds, ball fields and other facilities in those areas. This includes:
- Cleaning buildings
- Fencing and gate repair
- Field and court maintenance
- Installation and repair of athletic equipment
- Picnic area maintenance
- Routine maintenance of bridges, roads, and trails
- Trash pickup and litter control
These maintenance teams also support festivals and community events in the park system.
The Maintenance and Development staff handles all major maintenance projects, including large-scale, technical work involving trades such as:
This group also manages:
- Athletic field renovation
- Horticulture and forestry services
- Preventive maintenance inspections
- Vehicle repairs